At Motor City Machine Tool Repair we have state of the art testing capabilities. Our motto is " If we can not test it, we won't rebuild it."
Many of today's CNC machines are what we refer to as "smart spindles." These spindle have encoders, proximity switches and sensors of all types. These are critical to the spindles performance.
We verify that every aspect of each spindle is completely inspected, repaired and tested to the OEM specification. We ensure that every component of your spindle, electrical or mechanical is 100% functional.
- All spindles are test run in house a maximum rpm while performing vibration & temperature analysis.
- During run in the bearings are checked for velocity & displacement.
- All draw bars are set to the correct pull force retention.
- All electrical components, winding, encoders, prox switches etc... are tested repair and replaced as needed.
- All critical surfaces, housing, bearing journals, shafts, tapers, are checked to verify they are with in tolerance.
- All spindles are balanced both dynamically & statically to maximum rpm.